Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Think I Was Brave

I remember when I was singing in the church choir and I was told that I had to sing a solo. Usually I'm not shy to sing, but when it comes to singing in front of people, I get scared. When it was my turn, a million thoughts popped into my head. What if my voice cracks? What if I forget the lyrics? What if I'm not on the right note? What if I sound horrible? WHAT IF.....? I wanted to just ask if we could just skip my song. But something to get up and sing. When I stepped in front of the microphone, I just took a deep breathe and started singing. All of a sudden, I was no longer scared. It was as if I wasn't the one singing. I was very proud of myself when I finished, not because I did well, but because I faced my fear.

1 comment:

  1. A few errors, but th emeaning is understood. Very brave for singing in front of many humans.

    ReplyDelete